Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grieving for Things Lost

This has been an awfully difficult week. Of course, compared to many people, I have so much to be grateful for, and I am.  It's just that we've lost things and I feel like I need to grieve for them and then let go. Joseph got in an accident last Friday.  Thank God, he's okay and noone else was involved. He kept a worse accident from happening, and I'm proud of him for that.  However, the truck is totaled. It was 14 years old and gave 14 years of wonderful service. It was hard saying good-bye to it this afternoon.

And then the roses.  In fact, all my plants. My new neighbor who fancies herself a master gardener cut my roses down to the ground without even asking. Climbing American Beauty roses that took me four years to bring to their first year of blooming with the potential they have. Four years gone.  And worse, the roses may not live. This climate is far too hot to completely cut back roses now. It has to be done in February, if done at all, which climbing roses don't need. She cut off healthy growth.  I'm so angry and feel so violated.

Good-bye, beautiful rose! Right now, I just don't feel like even trying again. And yes, that's a statue of the Buddha beside the blue pot, which is a fountain in the summer. We were just about to start the fountains going again. Sigh. I'm trying to cling to the thought of the Buddha. I have so far to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment